The information posted on this page may include hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations.
- We provide these links solely for our users' information and convenience. When users select a link they are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of such outside websites.
- We do not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, or completeness of the linked website.
- We do not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites or their views.
- We cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites.
- We are not responsible for the possible transmissions users receive from linked websites.
Working with parents, young people and children to safeguard their online experiences.
Kidsmart is an award winning practical internet safety programme website for schools, young people, parents, and agencies, produced by the children's internet charity Childnet International.
Digital citizenship isn’t just about recognising and dealing with online hazards. It’s about building safe spaces and communities, understanding how to manage personal information, and about being internet savvy - using your online presence to grow and shape your world in a safe, creative way, and inspiring others to do the same.
Get Safe Online offers independent, expert advice on how you can stay safe and secure when using the internet.
Come in to find the latest information on the sites you like to visit, mobiles and new technology. Find out what’s good, what’s not and what you can do about it.
General Internet Advice
BBC - WebWise - The BBC's beginner's guide to the Internet
BBCi help and guide to the Internet. Visit here for a lesson on the basics of getting around and finding what you want on the net.
Health and Safety Advice
Health and Safety Advice from Hewlett Packard
This guide describes proper workstation setup, posture, and health and work habits for computer users. In addition, this guide contains electrical and mechanical safety information applicable to all HP products.
Health and Safety Advice from Microsoft
The Healthy Computing Guide is a valuable resource for tips on working more comfortably and reducing your risk of experiencing painful and disabling injuries or disorders.